After the Zucchini burger was all gone, I was craving more burgers and I was in luck because I already had everything I needed to make another great burger. I had the beef, buns, cheese, and left over salsa from the Grilled Shrimp Tacos I had just done. So when I say good salsa, I mean a good homemade salsa. These burgers turned out fabulous again with a good kick from the salsa and the perfectly melted cheese on top of the salsa was the kicker.
A great burger recipe that uses a good homemade salsa as the key ingredient.
- 8 Burger Patties, 6 ounces in size
- 2 cups Good Salsa, preferably homemade
- 2 cups Shredded Co-Jack Cheese
- Coarse Salt
- Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- 8 Hamburger Buns
- Prepare the grill for medium-high direct grilling.
- Season the burger patties with salt and pepper.
- Grill the burger over direct heat, flipping half way.
- As the burgers are approaching desired doneness, top with salsa and then cheese.
- Once the cheese has melted, remove the burgers from the grill and serve immediately on buns.